Online Recreation Center
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have begun working to bring you an online data base of activities to help you stay active and engaged from the comfort and safety of your own space.
Have additional resources or activities that you want to share? E-mail them to us at email@example.com and well add them to our site!
On May 26, 2020 the Parks Commission Board approved a three step Reopening Plan for the Town of Greenville’s Parks and Recreation. Each step is designed to have flexibility in the case of relapse and with the exception of Step I, there are no specific dates or timelines identified in this plan. Key factors in Step 1 include:
- The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department office will remain closed. All regular business will continue to occur via web or phone.
- Parks and trails remain open.
- Park shelters will be open for use with a maximum of 10 people per facility.
- Park restrooms will open with cleaning and sanitizing to occur daily. Users are encouraged to practice social distancing when possible and wait outside the facility should the restrooms be busy.
- Drinking fountain will remain shut off. Users should be prepared to bring their own water to the park.
- Playgrounds and skate park will be open for use with a maximum of 10 people per activity area. If playgrounds areas or skate park are busy, users should wait at a safe distance or come back at another time. Please note that playground and skate park surfaces will NOT be cleaned or sanitized.
- The archery range will be open for use with every other shooting lane closed.
- Sports fields and courts will be open for use with a maximum of 10 people per facility and are limited to non-contact sports.
- Tennis courts are open for use with singles play only. Members of the same household may participate in doubles play.
- Basketball courts are open for use with non-contact play only.
- All shelter rentals are cancelled. Full refunds will be provided.
- Tennis lessons are cancelled.
To view the full Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department Reopening Plan, click here. For specific questions, please contact our office at (920) 757-7276
To learn more about how the Town is handling the COVID-19 pandemic, visit our COVID-19 Response page here: https://bit.ly/39R1Ye2